This is a comprehensive guide to the Duns number. I cover everything you need to know about the Duns number in this guide.
A Comprehensive Guide to DUNS Number in 2022
What is the DUNS Number?
Dun & Bradstreet, a business services and data provider developed the Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) which is also known as Duns numbers or DUNS for giving unique numeric identifiers to businesses.
Who is Dun & Bradstreet?
Dun & Bradstreet was founded in 1841 by Lewis Tappan. Today, it’s a software company that provides business intelligence and analytics through proprietary software and a global network.
Benefits of DUNS Number
Here are four reasons why you should use a DUNS number:
- Using the Duns Number in your business decisions can help you avoid risky situations and outstanding invoices.
- The Duns Number allows you to access a Live Business Identity, which can help to target new customers and generate more sales.
- To maintain a single source of truth across the organization, many companies use the Duns Number as the basis for their data. This can maximize efficiency and recede errors.
What is a Difference Between DUNS Number & Federal tax ID number?
A DUNS number is a unique identifier issued to businesses by Dun & Bradstreet for business credit reporting while your EIN, or Employer Identification Number, is given by the IRS and used for tax purposes.
Why do Amazon Importers Need a DUNS Number?
To import foods, drinks, beverages, or dietary supplements to sell on Amazon and meet FDA requirements, you’ll need a DUNS number.
In addition to the FDA requirements, Amazon importers need a DUNS number to be considered for loans or partnerships with other firms.
How to Register for a DUNS Number
If you think your business needs a DUNS number, you can easily get your DUNS number for free by visiting the Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) website or calling their toll-free number (1-866-705-5711).
Dun & Bradstreet offers its DUNS numbers for free. So beware if anyone charges you for a DUNS number. It’s probably a scam.
Information You Need to Provide for Obtain a DUNS Number
To get a DUNS number, you will need to provide the following information:
- Name of your business.
- Your business address.
- Name of your business CEO.
- The legal structure under which your company operates for example corporation, partnership, or proprietorship.
- Year of your business form.
- Type of your business.
- The total number of your business employees.
In this comprehensive guide of Duns number, I am trying to provide everything you need to know about Duns number.
We hope this guide will improve your knowledge and help you in your business.